The Information We Collect
We collect and uses only such information that is necessary in providing our services and fulfilling your orders. It typically includes the following personal information:
- Mailing address
- E-mail address
- Telephone numbers
- Employment status
- Referral source
- The name of your primary physician and his or her contact information
- Date of birth
- The existence and types of drug allergies
- Medications requested
- Your personal medical history information
- Details of your existing medications
- Credit card information (including card type and number, expiry date and name of card holder)
- Banking information (including transit and account numbers)
- Prescription information.
How We Use Information
We collect, use and disclose personal information to serve you better. We also use this information to improve our services, prevent or detect fraud or abuse of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf. We may provide your personal information to an affiliated company, a licensed pharmacy or to a prescribing physician in order to fulfill your prescription.
- We use your personal information to communicate with you, enhance your visit to our website, allow processing of your prescription orders and effectively provide the products and services you have requested.
- In some instances such as a legal proceedings or court orders, we may also be required to disclose certain information to authorities. Only the information specifically requested is disclosed and we will take precautions to satisfy ourselves that the authorities who are making the request have legitimate grounds to do so.
- We will not rent, sell, or give away your personally identifiable medical information to anyone for marketing purposes. We will only use and share personally identifiable medical information for specifically requested transactions and for those purposes required or permitted by law.
- We share information where we are legally permitted to disclose personal information such as employing reasonable and legal methods to collect a delinquent account, a medical emergency or suspicion of illegal activities.
- All employees are expected to maintain the confidentiality of personal information at all times and failing to do so will result in appropriate disciplinary measures, which may include dismissal.
- All safety and security measures are also appropriate to the sensitivity level of your information. Electronic client files are kept in a secured environment with restricted access. Paper-based files are stored in restricted access areas.
- We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of 1800RxOnline.
- We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
How You Can Access And Correct Your Information
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain it by calling, emailing or logging into your account online. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows an error.
How To Contact Us
Customers may direct any questions or enquires with respect to our practices or your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer, as follows: